Due to more and more people tends to change OEM halogen, HID headlamps from Syvlania, Osram or Philips upgrade to LED headlights bulbs, the LED headlights bulb‘s brightness(vision) is a must factor to be considered. We are going to tell you how to choose the brightest LED headlights bulbs replacement for your vehicle, please make sure choose the correct part number before purchasing.
There are 2 ways to measure the brightness of a LED headlight bulb as below.
Lumens. The brightness of a LED headlight bulb is usually measured in lumens, or the total amount of light emitted by a light source in all directions. Luminous flux considers the sensitivity of the eye to the visible part of the electromagnetic radiation. Lumen is therefore the unit to measure the brightness of a light source independently of the direction of the light beam.
Lumens are derived from luminous flux, which is the total power of light, which is why high-power bulbs are sometimes called “high-flux,”
Luminous flux is a measure of the total amount of light in a light beam. Light intensity is a measure of the light density. If one sees a part of a light beam, that part has a smaller luminous flux (in lumen) but (in principle) the same luminous intensity (in candela) as the whole beam. The luminous flux depends on the power of the source and on the color of the light.
To measure lumens, a LED headlight bulb is placed inside a sealed reflective sphere (integrating sphere), and its light is bounced 360° without sport in the sphere (integrated) so its flux can be measured at any angle and calculated into lumens based on the space of the sphere.
So, Lumens equal to brightness, more lumens, more brightness. Yet for a LED headlight bulb, it maybe not the best LED headlights bulbs when you choose the brightest one. We will analyze below: how to choose the brightest LED headlights bulb for my vehicle?
Please note: a LED headlight bulb will change widely in their brightness during usage and can be “dimmed” by running at a lower current.
Lux. Another measurement of light is lux, or the light measured in 25 square meter of output area. For example, if you mark off one square meter on your garage, and measure all the lights of a LED headlight bulb that goes into that area when your car is exactly 25 feet away from it, you would have the lux measurement at 25 feet, straight-on of your headlights.
The lux (symbol lx) is a unit of illumination: 1 lux is the illuminance produced by 1 candela on a surface perpendicular to the light rays at a distance of 1 meter from the source.
The lux thus corresponds to the illuminance that is obtained when each square meter of the considered surface receives a luminous flux of one lumen. The number of lux is thus found as the quotient of the total received luminous flux, expressed in lumens, and the size of the illuminated area expressed in square meters; therefore 1 lux = 1 lumen / m².
Lux can be measured from different distances. Be careful when making a comparison between two lamps. A lamp that gives the same number of lux at three meters distance than a lamp measured at one meter is much more powerful than the one measured on a meter.
With a light meter you can measure the lux value of any surface or space. When measuring, make sure that the light meter is placed at working height. As the distance from the light source to the object to be illuminated increases, the illuminance decreases in the square.
Based on the above 2 ways measurement, if you use lumens, then more lumens, more brightness, that means the brightest LED headlights bulb is the one has the most lumens amount as measured.
If you use lux, we must compare the same distance of the light output to compare and the higher rating, the better vision for a LED headlight bulb.
Due to a lot of different brands or options of aftermarket LED headlights bulbs in the market, and they are stated high lumens, even up to 20000 lumens, how can we choose the best and brightest one for my vehicle?
In fact, we can’t just see the stated high lumens amount, and we buy it, which may cause an happy purchase experience. Below we will show you how to the brightest LED headlights bulbs for your vehicle?
3. Considering the brightness, in fact, when you choose the brightness, it can’t just buy the highest lumens of a LED headlight bulb stated by a seller. For a halogen headlamps, each bulb’s lumens is about 800lms~1200lms for low beam, and 1200lms~1600lms for high beam, HID headlamp is about 3000 lumens per bulb, and most popular LED headlights in the market is about 2300lms~5000lms per bulb, and if stated over 6000 lumens per bulb stated, you must considering it may cause glare for others drivers.
4. Considering the working power, even though more working power doesn’t mean more brightness, the brightness of LED headlights will also depend on the wattage of the bulbs. For example, a 1-watt diode is capable of emitting around 130 Lumens. If the bulb is fitted with 16 diodes, this means each bulb is rated at 16-watts and around 2,080 Lumens.
5. Considering the brand, as a matter of fact, a lot of brands of LED headlights bulbs in the market, how to choose a reliable seller is very important too. a USA located supplier is recommended if you prefer have the best support and warranty guaranteed. Click how to find a reliable seller on Amazon for more details if you want to purchase from Amazon.
6. Considering the fitment easiness, different LED headlights bulbs will have different fitment easiness, normally, the design is smaller height from the locking part to bottom and diameter of the bottom part, it will be easier to install.
7. Considering the with fan or fanless led headlights bulbs: normally the led headlights bulbs with fan will have more brightness, for cooling fan will enhance the heating dissipation, which we can design to produce more lumens and increase the lifespan.
8. Considering the correct part number of OEM headlamps: if purchase the wrong part number, that means the part number doesn’t match the OEM headlamps, then the bulb you purchased won’t fit into the housing.
The part number of a LED headlight bulb is from OEM halogen or HID headlamps, which is made by the manufacturer: Sylvania, Osram, Philips, Nava, Hella, ECE, Lucas, GE, GM.
So when you are able to remove the OEM lamps, normally it will show the part number on it, yet if you can’t tell from the OEM lamps, no worries, just shoot an email email@example.com or call 1(909) 606-2935 by providing your OEM bulb’s pictures or advising the part number, vehicle’s information and order number, we will help you to do the FREE exchange. We will be appreciated for your chances to remedy it.
Here are 3 ways below to help you find the part number as below:
Yet if you purchase wrongly, no worries, contact us directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1(909) 606-2935 by providing your OEM bulb’s pictures or advising the part number, vehicle’s information and order number, we will help you to do the FREE exchange. We will be appreciated for your chances to remedy it.