CANBUS LED Bulbs
CANBUS LED bulbs are well-known in the market if you are looking for aftermarket LED lights bulbs to replace your stock halogen or incandescent lamps, and you must have seen many CANBUS LED bulbs for sure, and you are not sure what it means, what it functions or whether it can be used for your vehicle. Not every vehicle has been equipped with CAN Bus system, please check your owner’s manual or confirm with the dealership for it. Below we will show you commonly asked questions about CANBUS LED bulbs:
CAN-Bus error free LED bulbs are those LED bulbs that have built-in resistors by internal or externally attached, just plug and play for most vehicles, no error code or flickering, easy installation. CAN Bus LED bulbs are especially designed for the vehicles equipped with CAN Bus system which can detect any difference if any change of the stock lamps. Due to LED bulbs draw much less power than stock lamps, when you upgrade stock lamps to LED bulbs, the vehicle's CAN bus system may detect the difference and cause error code or error message like "bulb out" on the dashboard or shows flickering on and off issue. Installing the resistors is to minimize the power drawing of the stock bulbs to trick the CAN-Bus system think the replacement LED bulbs are drawing the same power as the stock lamps, then the vehicle will not show any error messages.
CAN Bus means Controller Area Network Bus, which monitors your vehicle and reports operating conditions: a Controller Area Network (CAN bus) is a vehicle bus standard designed to allow micro-controllers and devices to communicate with each other in applications without a host computer. CAN Bus systems are commonly shown among European vehicles like Audi, BMW, VW, Volvo, Mercedes, Porsche and in some American vehicles like Ford Expedition, Explorer, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, etc. Many late American model vehicles are equipped with CAN Bus system too.
For most vehicles, installing CAN bus error free LED bulbs will just plug and play, no extra load resistors or decoders to be required, and no error code or flickering, yet due to each vehicle has different electric CAN Bus system' designs, currently no CAN Bus LED bulbs can 100% guarantee that the error free bulbs are compatible for all vehicles, so for some vehicles, extra load resistors or decoders are still to be required to avoid the "bulb out " error message or flickering issue after aftermarket LED lights bulbs upgrade.
It depends on your vehicle's type: If you own a European vehicle, big chances to need CAN Bus error free LED bulbs, because European cars or trucks like Audi, BMW, VW, Mercedes-Benz, Range Rover, Jaguar, etc. are equipped with CAN Bus system to monitor the lighting and activity operations.
CAN-Bus error free LED bulbs are commonly used for exterior lights upgrade like turn signal lights, headlights, fog lights, license plate lights, parking lights, etc. For most vehicle's interior lights replacement, no need error free LED bulbs, yet for some, it still requires to install error free LED bulbs.
CAN Bus LED bulbs can be used in non-CAN bus applications, but it depends on the application. Usually if non-CAN Bus LED bulbs can just plug and play for your vehicle, then CAN Bus LED bulbs are not recommended, for CAN Bus LED bulbs will draw much more resistance which may cause electric interference with other applications.
If you have installed CAN Bus error free LED bulbs, but you still meet the issue of error code or flickering issue, please follow below steps to troubleshoot:
- Please remove the LED bulb and replace it with the stock lamp, power on the vehicle and switch to the bulb's application to check whether the error message disappears on the dashboard.
- If disappears, power off the vehicle and re-install the CAN Bus LED bulbs back to the vehicle (please make sure all connections are correctly including the bulb's polarity, wiring connections).
- Please close all the doors including the trunk and hood, lock the vehicle and patiently wait up to 30 seconds, and then power on the vehicle to check whether there is still error message when you switching to the bulb's application.
Yet if you still meet the error code or flickering, for your vehicle, it is recommended to try to install extra decoders or load resistors to avoid the issue. CAN Bus LED bulbs can work with load resistors too.
CanBus LED Bulbs Applications
For Can BusLED bulbs, it covers CANBUS LED headlight bulbs, fog light, turn signal light, brake stop lights, reverse light, T10 194 CANBUS led lights bulbs, festoon interior lights replacement for automotive cars, trucks, Vans, Suvs, motorcycles. For most vehicles, just plug-n-play aftermarket LED CAN BUS lights bulbs replacement, easy installation, no need to install extra load resistors or error canceler decoders.
CANBUS LED Bulbs Bulb Sizes
H8 H9 H11 CAN BUS LED Headlights Bulbs
T10 194 168 CAN BUS LED Interior Lights Bulbs
T15 912 921 CANBUS LED Reverse Lights Bulbs
T20 7440 7443 CAN BUS LED Brake Stop Lights Bulbs
T25 3156 3157 CAN BUS LED Signal Lights Bulbs
BA15S 7506 1156 CAN BUS LED Signal Lights Bulbs
BAU15S 7507 12496 CAN BUS LED Signal Lights Bulbs
Important Notice: Due to LED lights bulbs draw much less current than stock lamps, for some vehicles, extra LED load resistors or LED decoders are required to avoid the signal hyper flash or error code.
How to Stop the LED Turn Signal Light Blinking Fast?
Do you meet the led turn signal light blink fast? No worries, here are easy solutions. The led bulbs hyper flash due to led bulbs draw much less current than stock lamps, this will cause a sudden drop in the circuit’s resistance causing the hyper-flash or rapid blinking of the turn signals. Below are the solutions to avoid the turn signal hyper flash.
- Installing the 50W 6ohm load resistor: connecting one side of the load resistor to turn signal positive wire, and the other side of the load resistor connecting to the signal light ground wire.
2. Install the led flasher relay. Most vehicles are equipped with the flasher relay, yet it only works for the stock incandescent/halogen lamp, not for led bulbs. For led bulbs, please replace the flasher to led flasher relay to avoid it.
3. Install the directly plug and play load resistor, usually for BA15S / 1156 / 7506, BAY15D / 1157 / 2057 will be good suggestion, yet for T25 / 3157 / 3156 and T20 / 7443 / 7440 are careful, for T25 & T20 base have 2 types socket: standard and CK/ SRCK socket, if the load resistor only compatible with standard socket, but you install them at the CK socket, it will pop out the fuse and led bulbs.
How to Avoid the Error Code for LED Headlight Installation by Installing CANBUS Decoder?
Alla Lighting LED Headlights are compatible for most vehicles, just directly plug and play, easy installation. Yet for some European vehicles or the newest version vehicles built in CAN-BUS system, and the led headlight draw much less current than stock lamps, it will trigger the error code on the dashboard saying something wrong of the replacement bulbs.
If so, no worries, here is an easy solution. Please try to install the directly plug and play decoder to avoid the error code, we covers the most popular bulb sizes’ decoders which will solve the error code for most situations as below:
- 9005 CANBUS decoders – Plug-n-play, easy installation.==> Fit 9005, HB3, 9006, HB4, H10, 9145, 9055, 9040, 9012, HIR2 LED headlights bulbs, fog lights ,daytime running lights. (DRL)
- H13 CANBUS decoder – Plug-n-play, easy installation ==> Fit 9008 H13 LED headlights bulbs (dual high/low beam)
- H11 CANBUS decoder – Plug-n-play, easy installation ==> Fits H8, H9, H11, H8LL, H9LL, H11LL LED headlights bulbs, fog lights ,daytime running lights. (DRL)